Department of English
The Department of English started with the undergraduate degree
programme in English Literature in 2009. Every year our students get university ranks. From the
first year, we have been producing 100% results. Then we have started postgraduate degree
programme in 2013. Our college helps the students to develop their skills and provides the
opportunities those who come from the rural areas.
* Behalf of English literary association club named “MINERVA”, our students performed on stage Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night Dream”.
* Both students and staff have contributed a lot and put their efforts and endeavor, finally made it successfully.
* Our UG and PG final year students attended state level seminar.
* Students become involved in extracurricular activities not only for entertainment, social and enjoyment purposes but most important to gain and improve their skills.
* In our department we creating a comfortable environment and maintaining a high standard of integrity and performance, leading to the achievements of students’ academic and career goals.
* At the same time, stimulate a learning community, targets and research styles of all students are recognized and supported.
* To improve students communication skills.
* To motivate them to participate in the literary competition in & out of the college.
* To nourish their potential in all forms of literary expression.
* To encourage them for careers and higher education.